Founded in 1873…
Barclay is a small family community in northern Queen Anne’s County at the crossroads of Maryland Routes 313 and 302. The community was founded in 1873 as Merrikton, renamed Barclay in 1890, and incorporated as the “Town of Barclay” 1931.
The town is comprised mostly of single family homes sheltering approximately 150 people. The population is diverse and multi-generational. It is a welcoming community that offers a peaceful and safe quality of life for children, parents, and grandparents.
Barclay is home to several businesses. The largest employer is REEB Millwork Corp. Other businesses include a burial vault manufacturer, a heavy-duty towing company, a tire shop, and a deli/convenience store. Two state highways and a short line railroad run through the town, which makes it a prime logistics location. Broadband is available to business and residents.